Whether it is your first visit to the French capital or you are an experienced traveller, there are always things to see in Paris. However, those who do not yet know the city well, might find themselves a bit confused. Where to go and how to see all tourist spots in Paris? Don’t worry, as we have prepared a Paris tourist guide which features the major attractions. Read carefully and make a note of Paris tourist sites you would like to visit this time!
Cité: 2000 Years of Paris History
The Cité Island is one of those tourist spots in Paris one can’t miss. Located in the middle of the river Seine, Cité has been vital to the development of the city. This is why the island, though less than 0,3 km in terms of area, is bustling with attractions. Make sure your Paris sightseeing includes:
- Notre Dame de Paris. The symbol of Paris is full of secrets and hidden gems;
- Conciergerie prison. The former royal seat and prison still holds true medieval spirit;
- Sainte-Chapelle. The unrivalled stained glass of the chapel makes it one of the European architectural wonders.
The Cité is connected to the river banks with numerous bridges, and the most famous are the Pont Neuf – another indispensable tourist spot in Paris.
Subsequently our Paris tourist guide brings you to Parisian neighbourhoods, one of them right across the Cité!
Free Spirit of the Quartier Latin
One can’t run out of tourist spots in Paris, but if you have to choose we suggest you visit the Quartier Latin – an ancient neighbourhood where university and bohemian lifestyle create unparalleled ambience. Paris tourist attractions in the neighbourhood include:
- The Pantheon. A place for civic pride, the Pantheon splendidly illustrates French history;
- Jardin du Luxembourg. A huge garden with several historical buildings is equally loved by tourists and locals;
- Boulevard Saint-Michel. The main street of the neighbourhood, the boulevard is quintessentially Parisian – filled with cafes and chestnut trees.
Due to its long history the Quartier Latin is packed with interesting spots. Go off the beaten track and create your own Paris tourist guide!
More things to see await in the northern part of the city. Follow our guide to find out what Paris tourist sites to see in Montmartre!
Cultural Heritage & Modernity on Montmartre
A picturesque neighbourhood with artistic past, Montmartre is among the most visited Paris tourist attractions. Although the major tourist spot is undoubtedly the Sacré Cœur basilica, there are much more things to see, for example:
- the emblematic Parisian cabarets: Moulin Rouge, Le Chat Noir, Lapin Agile;
- the Moulin de la Galette windmill and its surroundings;
- the Espace Dalí which holds a permanent exhibition of Dali’s masterpieces.
Montmartre has gone a long way from an outskirt of the city to a top tourist spot in Paris. Don’t know what else to see? Go to Montmartre and you won’t be disappointed!
Online Paris tourist guide enables you to do sightseeing on your own, but it is also possible to explore Paris tourist sites with an English-speaking local guide. With tour guides in Paris you can be sure you don’t miss a thing, so why not to book a Quartier Latin or Montmartre guided tour?
Down the River Seine: Paris embankments
Paris tourist attractions can’t be over without checking out the embankments. If you go down the bohemian Rive Gauche you will see the most famous tourist sites in Paris:
- Musée d’Orsay, with its great collection of the turn of the XX century art;
- Les Invalides, a building complex dedicated to the military history of France;
- Tour Eiffel, an indispensable tourist spot in Paris.
Another group of Paris tourist sites is located on the exquisite Rive Droite:
- Musée du Louvre, a museum, a palace, a place to be when in Paris;
- Place de la Concorde, a huge square with stunning views on surrounding churches and palaces;
- Champs-Élysées avenue leading to the Arc de Triomphe, the street made famous by songs and movies.
Follow our guidelines and visit tourist spots in Paris in the most efficient manner. We wish you happy memories and a pleasant journey! Visit Via City Tour.